Friday, December 7, 2018

How-to make a My Pet Monster ornament


If you were an 80s kid like me, you probably know of My Pet Monster.  I had one when I was little and thought it was the coolest thing that you could break his handcuffs.  Anyway, I was looking at some of my craft supplies and thought I’d make an ornament of one of my favorite childhood toys.  


Take a piece of purple pipe cleaner and shape into a smile, then glue to a blue pompom.


Cut a piece of turquoise felt into the shape of a nose, then glue above pipe cleaner.  


Glue 2 small yellow pompom for eyes.  Cut a V shape into a pink pompom. 


Glue pink pompom on top of head.

Cut two small pieces of brown pipe cleaner.  

Glue on either side of head.  

Cut two small green felt circles for eyes.  

Glue small green felt circles on yellow pompoms.  Apply a small dot of black paint to center of eyes. 

Cut small pointy teeth from yellow felt.  

Glue teeth on mouth.  Cut a small piece of fancy thread and glue to top of head.  Apply a generous amount of glue to top of head.  Cut a pink pompom in half.

Push the pink pompom into glue.p

Add more glue around pipe cleaner horns and add more pink pompom pieces.  

Glue 2 smaller blue pompoms to either side of face.  

Trim pompoms to shape into monster face.  Comment below and let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing! I have been thinking to make a monster of pom poms but this really helps to see how it comes together. I have such Tony poms to use eyes, but was distressed over the googly eyes i have being un monster. I won't be making this iconic monster, but still i will show you & tag you when i get to doing it. Thank you 💖

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can’t wait to see your creation!

      Delete