Saturday, June 25, 2016

Breaking Bad potholders

My husband is a huge fan of Breaking Bad! He also loves cooking, so I made him Breaking Bad potholders for his birthday πŸ˜€

It was hard keeping the secret, but I was able to put together some charts using excel and crochet the potholders on my breaks at work and at home before he woke up in the morning.

I'm super excited for him to open it!

There are tons of YouTube video tutorials on Tunisian crochet. I highly recommend watching them! Here are some pictures of the steps.

Using Lily Sugar'n Cream cotton yarn- slip knot

Slightly tighten on size H crochet hook 

Chain 32

There are 2 steps for each row in Tunisian crochet. Stitching from right to left, then left to right

Follow pattern for color changes 

Do not carry thread over 6 stitches 

We're getting there!

After completing the front, make a second in a solid color for the back

With wrong sides together, the front and back are stitched together

Each stitch is slipped through the last

Nice and thick!

A perfect gift for a Breaking Bad fan!



Enjoy these charts! Happy crocheting 😊

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing. Perfect for Chris. I'm a huge pot holder fan. Love to cook.

    ReplyDelete