Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sewing a hoodie for Mia

I made a hoodie for my Mia doll today. I purchased the pattern from Liberty Jane and made a few small changes- I made the sleeves a bit longer, closed the back and did not add the front pocket. 

After cutting out the pattern pieces

Always use the correct needle when sewing stretchy fabric

Sleeves are sewn to the front shoulder seams

Back pieces are sewn to the other side of the sleeves

Serge or zig-zag the raw edges

A view from the right side

Sewing the side seams

Sewing the hoodie

Time to attach the hoodie

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Little Mermaid!? My favorite! Haha. I can laugh at my own expense... Did Mary tell you we went to the AM girl store in Chicago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete