Thursday, January 19, 2017

Addy's original meet dress

I purchased my first Pleasant Company Addy doll online.  She did not have a body tag.  The back of her neck is stamped Pleasant Company.  She came with the dress on the left, which is the dress we recognize as Addy's meet dress.  The material is very soft and a beautiful shade of pink with white stripes.

I found the dress on the right at a local thrift shop.  The style is identical, but the color and pattern are different.  Upon reviewing the tags I noticed that the dress my Addy was wearing is dated 1993 made in China and the other one is dated 1986 made in West Germany.  The West Germany dress is a darker shade of pink and has white flowers instead of stripes.

The Addy doll was released in 1993, so it seemed unusual that there is a dress dated 1986.  After researching this online, I saw several of these dresses and found out that this outfit is a prototype. 

I thought that the Addy doll was only manufactured in China.  However, after seeing the original meet dress believed that there may have been production of the Addy doll in Germany.  I was lucky enough to find one.

My second Addy doll is Pleasant Company.  I purchased her online and she does have a body tag.  Her body tag reads made in Germany.  She has very soft vinyl and soft eyelashes.  Her hair is very long and her face is stunning!  I am so happy to have found this doll.  I have no reason to believe that she is anything but an authentic Addy doll made in Germany.  She is absolutely beautiful! 



 



 
Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment